Purplecon 2019 laura bell, security confessions of a small country, https://purplecon.nz/talks#laura-bell, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-cM5tBkwwk&list=PLS45xFo74VF546tbfXXtKDO03cVrAalM6&index=10&t=0s
we live in a small country. while geographically we're not a pip squeek, in terms of population we're really rather adorable. so how does being a small country affect our approach to security and how can we learn to love our little island thinking and use it as a superpower.
- Not a fan of large USian frameworks like NIST, because most of NZ is too small & generalist to fit, and has different targets/adversaries
- figure.nz is good for interesting data
- most of our businesses don't have a traditional “polite” white collar office environment, they literally work in the field
- we have more inherent trust, and less defensive responses
- go to https://opensecurity.nz/ to share NZ-sized solutions